I love a healthy and easy to go breakfast. This particular oatmeal recipe combines superfood Matcha for a powerful energy punch. Add in some apple, yogurt and lemon zest and you have a tasty unique breakfast that easy to take and eat on the go.
This post contains some affiliate links (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here for our full disclosure. Thank you!
Overnight Steel Cut Matcha & Apple Oats
- 1/2 Cup of quick cooking oats
- 3/4 Cup of yogurt (plain or vanilla work best)
- 1 tsp of matcha powder
- 1 Green Apple (Grated)
- 1/4 tsp of lemon zest (optional)
- Grate up apple and set aside.
- Place oats, yogurt and matcha into portable container and stir.
- Add in lemon zest and grated apple and stir.
- Refrigerate overnight and eat in morning.
A few notes: This recipe is really best eaten the next morning. I find that the texture gets a bit odd after sitting for a day or two. Try to pick a high-quality matcha powder. So many green tea manufactures use leafs that are loaded with pesticides. Kinda beats out the whole reason for eating healthy! I like the domatcha brand, they are pricier than others, but last for a long time and pack a healthful super punch!